View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 05:57 AM   #12
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the welcome!

Always fun to watch my kids!! Sports, school stuff, etc. I know from reading your posts you have that same feeling about your girls.

Our experience with the movie set was hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait!! Then, they do exactly the same scene over, and over, and over - in total silence. Only the real actors can speak - not the extras. The actors get paid for every word, so real money comes in there. But $80 a day for an 11 year old was really fun cash for him. My 16 y/o daughter had a full week - nice paycheck for her.

It's only one or two days at a time, though. It would be hard to have any consistent cash flow as an adult. Also, if your child is on the set, a parent is required to be there. So, it's a two for one deal. That's when you need a good book, 'cause no talking among the excited parents either!

But what an exciting memory for my kids!! And what a great experience for Shreveport Bossier to host this industry!!

Again, thanks for the welcome!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote