View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #7
Allen Marsalis
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice
Isaac, I assume that you use the "Today's Posts" button and it is the resulting list of Bubba's posts that you are referring to. Bubba is launching a new SBLive group and is posting some of his powerpoint presentations which we are not fully engineered for like photos, podcasts, videos, etc., so he is attaching the ppt files to his group's forum.

The thing is that if "Groups" were more popular with participants interacting with each other all the time, all that traffic would go through Today's Posts. The more successful Groups become, and the site in general, the less useful Today's Posts will become because (hopefully) it will become impossible to read every single post. I hope you agree that would be a good problem to have.

Just pointing out that this site is much more than a simple forums site, and we keep adding to it all the time. As we grow and become more busy, I'm sure we will think of new searches and convenience features to add to the site to help members go straight to the information they want without having to wade through information they do not want.

It's good to see you enjoying the site and seeing the site grow here lately. I really do appreciate your's and everyone's participation in getting this site off the ground.
Allen Marsalis is offline   Reply With Quote