View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
When I was about 15 I was standing in PB Mall when this old woman walked into the back of me and wiped out, breaking her arm and busting her head open.

About a month later we got the notice that we, along with the mall, were being sued. Me for "tripping" her, the mall for not warning her of the dangers of mall walking. In a deposition she admitted that:

1. I was not moving
2. She was walking "too fast" and was "out of control"
3. She wasn't watching where she was going
4. She had just gotten a new eye prescription and she was blind without her glasses
5. She wasn't wearing her glasses.

We were ready to go to court (my father's a lawyer). I can't believe a lawyer would even take that case, let alone continue to pursue it after her above statements. It was eventually dropped, I think maybe the mall gave her some money to go away. I didn't give her a damn nickel.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote