View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #38
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Please don't doubt that I am a Republican through and through. Hell would have to freeze over before I ever voted for a Democrat. I only think I can't judge their motives too harshly. It's really not my place. Personally I think Isaac is right that he really is not going to go far with this. He didn't the last time. Either Hillary or Obama Bin Laden will get the Democratic nomination.

We shudder at the thought of any Democrat being elected to the White House. We KNOW our taxes are going to get higher which is a very scary thought.
Oh but T-Belle, it most definitly IS your place to judge their motives. "Government by consent of the governed" means YOU and I and all the other little people are the masters. Our PUBLIC SERVANTS need to be reminded of this sacred truth from time to time. If someone wants to "serve" in our highest executive leadership position, they must be prepared to endure the closest scrutiny, answer the most prying questions, satisfy every curiosity.

As for the party system, BOTH of the main parties are self-serving and corrupt. They are focused only on enriching themselves at the taxpayer's expense. Voting along party lines only enables and perpetuates the corruption. Until this sad situation changes (and that day might come sooner than later), there can never really BE honest and effective leadership. So please, dont ever blindly follow a "party". You would be doing the country a disservice. Cast your vote for the best candidate for the job, whoever you think that to be.