View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Yes that is on your post ! Well cut bait and run will never get it. I support our troops and president big time and we must make a stand for freedom and what is right. You need to quit listening to "retired" military people on talk TV and talk to some of our fine young soldiers and know they are doing the right thing and they see it everyday. I would not use the word patriot to much
Isaac
"Cut bait and run" sounds like a good sound byte. Sells well. But it's nothing but crap. I wouldn't say it was time to leave, if anybody who was running this show had a plan. And by the way, if we did leave, what would we be leaving, but a country so caught up in it's own troubles, we just happen to be the only people they hate more than themselves.

A stand for freedom ? Fight for what's right ?? How are our troops standing around, playing cop, waiting to get shot at first 'standing for freedom' ??? not to mention those people could care less about freedom, they just want the power on and the water on.

No, i'm not listening to "retired-talk show hosts" military folks.. These are commmanders ON THE GROUND, saying such things.

I'll use the word Patriot all I want to, thank you very much. I'm tired of having my patriotism being brought into question, because I've got my own head on my shoulders. And I don't agree with all the propaganda that gets thrown my way.

I'm against the continuation of this war for some very obvious reasons. most importantly, there is no plan. But to throw more money and troops at it. That's not a solution. I have to ask why you are so FOR THIS WAR. ? Can you give me something other than a canned sound byte from talk radio ?
"Fight them there so we don't have to fight them there" is the stupidest damn thing I've ever heard. I mean if it were true that would be great. If these "people" we are fighting had a country, that would make sense. Just because we fight them in Iraq doesn't keep them from our soil. These people are very patient. it was back in '93 when they bombed the World Trade Center the first time. Go forward 8 years to 9/11 and they are back again. Fighting them in Iraq, is not going to keep the few who want to sneak into this country from getting in.

IF we're looking for a fight.. let's find BIN LADEN for cryin' out loud.. Let's shut IRAN UP for cryin' out loud.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote