View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 08:08 AM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
My wife said she saw a bumper sticker the other day....

"I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy anyday".

Personally, I'm not fond of Ted, but I did like JFK and his space mission speaches. Very inspiring! I wonder who wrote them?
PRESIDENT JOHN KENNEDY'S RICE STADIUM MOON SPEECH
Quote:
We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.
I tried searching for the 'author' of that speech. All I could find was JFK. We all know most Presidents have speech writers. Some had more help than others, and some chose to write more of their own speeches over the years. But I believe it's tradition for these speech writers to NOT take ANY credit for any of their work. Obviously people know about the speech writers, but if you ask one of them "which part did you write" they usually won't say.

I find myself fascinated by a good presidential speech. How about Reagan's "Tear down this wall" speech. I read some article awhile back about that one. Some speech writer came up with that line. and it got tossed around in some of the drafts, but was at some point decided not to use it. I think it was Reagan's last minute decision to go ahead and use it.

Don't have the text, but Reagan gave another great speech on the cliff's over looking Normandy beach. In the company of some WWII vets and other political bigwigs etc.. at least from what I remember.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote