View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 08:12 AM   #9
salguodgrubmab
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 0 salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough
Good job late! I haven't been able to listen to your station because I run Firefox. With your new format now I can. Johnnie H. would be a great addition to your rotation as well as the countless other hayriders. I have about six gigs of Hayride archives. There is a great Cash Southern Maid Donut commercial. J Horton would have been the Opry's greatest star had he opted to move to Nashville. He stayed here and that really put a bug up the Opry's butt. A couple years ago I bought a Horton LP on ebay. A live Hayride recording which had been beautifully remastered and cleaned using the technology of the day. For the first time I was able to hear clearly Tillman Frank's slapping on that upright. Oh, and if your wondering about the Elvis Southern Maid commercials forget about it. The good Colonel is the only one who knows where they are and he aint sayin'.
salguodgrubmab is offline   Reply With Quote