View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 01:52 AM   #41
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
You know that I love you Al right? But I am going to disagree a little here. I can't judge his motives 100%. Do I think he might be using a situation to further his motives? Yes. But what are his motives? You and I don't know except he wants to be President. I think we are going to have to hear from him a little more to really wade through his rhetoric and decide what we actually think those motives are.

Do you listen to Sean Hannity? I listened to him last week and heard him discussing the idea of a new party of conservatives, people willing to stop all this crap of "party lines" and people like us willing to have a conscience. His thoughts are just like yours which are just like mine. It is definitely what I would like to see happen.
You're very sweet, T-Belle. Disgreement is the "spice of life" here on the boards. I must confess that my suspicions are automatically aroused when someone, anyone, emerges who WANTS this job. I've always believed that we would be best served by someone who clearly eschews this position of vast power, but accepts it out of a sense of patriotism, obligation and responsibility, as opposed to someone who actively seeks and campaigns for it. To that end, I'd like to see a system whereby nominations for candidacy are submitted not by political parties but by a non-party affiliated or apolitical citizenry whose only agenda is the welfare and stability of the country. Such candidates could refuse nomination ONLY if they could show physical, mental, and emotional unsuitability. The nominations would be tallied, with the candidates with the most nominations advancing for a runoff, the winner then being tasked with serving as president for a specified term, remaining eligible for re-election as long as there is overwhelming popular demand.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 03-28-2007 at 02:11 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote