View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #21
Allen Marsalis
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman
I would love nothing better than to be able to tune into a site like this that plays local music while I am at work it would be soooooooo nice. I will pass this site onto others that I know that enjoy local bands. I do tend to like Blues or Delta Blues and slide guitar and then sometime jazz too. I hope you do well with this because Shreveport, Bossier has some great talent here and I like to go out and see them live when I can.
Most music stations are centered around the type of music (rock, country, blues) rather than the geographic location, so SBRadio will be a hodgepodge of music types, at least for a while. "Beggers can't be choosy" and we need all the local music we can get. I'm begging! But in the future I can envision organizing the playlist by music type (blues in the morning, rock in the afternoon) or even allow "DJ's" to produce 1 hour shows with commentary. (Kevin's R&B Hour) This may be difficult to do using only local music, but we will see where this goes. It would be nice if it could be "only local" music without chasing people off by mixing up too many styles in one place. (R&B followed by alternative/metal, etc)
Allen Marsalis is offline   Reply With Quote