View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 07:43 AM   #25
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
No Brain I wasn't saying that I was just asking a question. Not implying a thing.

Yes the media may be making some money but I also, having seen this situation first hand, think some good potentially could come from this been put out in the media. People need to see what a father can go through and be put through just trying to see his child or even a mother. The judges far too often do not do enough to stop this or take far too long too stop it.

My trainer's exwife recently decided she didn't want to obey the court order any more that ordered her to drive from Mississippi and meet him in Monroe every other weekend so he could see his daughter. So when he filed contempt of court charges against her in court after not seeing his daughter for two months, the judge ordered them to a mediator. Now to me that is ridiculous. Now this man has not seen his daughter in four months, hasn't talked to her on the phone, the mother now is trying to say well maybe he shouldn't see her at all (it's a move frequently used to get out of the contempt of court charges). To me it is quite simple and if the judge had done his job the first day in court it would all stop in this case. The mom quite simply is in contempt of court. Put her in jail if she inteferes or doesn't show up with the child as scheduled. She should not interefere in the child's relationship with the father. If the judges would do this, a lot of this would stop. Of course the judge is Nesbitt who has all sorts of issues himself!

So that is my point Brain,,,things like this need to be brought to the public's attention so that collectively we can lift our voices and help. This particular judge will come up for re-election soon. He doesn't need back in.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote