View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #18
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>No, I don't carry a snake bite kit with me, but I have taught my children that to watch where they walk. I have taught them to obey they laws. They are for their safety. I put them in their car seat from the moment they came home from the hospital and they have been in that or a seat belt ever since.

So what you're saying is you weigh the inconvenience against the potential risks and then act accordingly? Me, too.

> I don't have the right to play with their safety.

Sure you do, you're their parent.

>Neither do you just because you think they odds are in your favor. Well, they odds can always shift.

So I guess I shouldn't take them to the pool at all, then? They're safer at home locked in their closets, after all. Only a reckless and careless parent would needlessly subject their child to the dangers of the outside world for no reason other than convenience or fun.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote