View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I once read a news story a while back about what happened to a woman. If I find that story, I'll link it here. She was a U.S. citizen and had been all her life. She quit work to raise her kids and lived a perfectly normal life. The problems all started for her when her kids grew up and it came time for her to go back to work.

She applied for work and got the job. Shortly after, the IRS sent her a letter saying they have been searching for her and demanding that she pay several thousand dollars in taxes or she was going to prison. Naturally, she was outraged and called the IRS promptly to ascertain what the problem was. They had records showing she had been working various jobs all over the country for years and never had taxes withheld from any of them.

After some investigation, it was discovered that her social security card and identity had SOMEHOW been sold on the black market numerous times over the years. It was a large group of illegal aliens who had bought her information and were over here working under her name and leaving her with the tax bill. Fortunately, this was all revealed to the IRS who gave her a break, but she could've gone to jail for tax evasion!!! If this had happened to me, my opinions of immigration laws would've gotten much more merciless.