View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #12
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
In the aftermath, the "Patriot Act" zips thru Congress like saltines thru a goose. We get into an undeclared war with Iraq to the tune of $300 billion and enough body-bags to fill up the Superdome. Halliburton and other defense contractors with close ties to the administration start lining their pockets. The price of gas skyrockets. Have I missed anything?
Al, the above is what I find most interesting about your post.. I agree, and I too have problems with the Patriot Act, do we need to go after the terrorist, YOU BETCHA, but I've got problems with some of the Patriot Act and how it was passed. And the Privatizing of certain aspects of a "war" I have a problem with as well.. especially Halliburton.

I've been reading through this site for several days now.. was compelled to register and post finally.. I'm starting to really like this site.
We need to spread the word, I'm very interested to know what others in our community feel about these and other subjects which affect us all.

Rough Rider

Last edited by Rough Rider; 09-12-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote