View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 12:24 AM   #15
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Rider
rhertz,
glad to see you are asking yourself some of the 'right' questions.
Well, I must admit that I find it difficult to argue any of the points you made here. You do have me thinking, which is a good reason not to go back to stay in lurk mode too long.

I think your best points are how we are spending $300B plus in Iraq but what about devistated Louisiana and Mississippi? And you are right, freedom and democracy must be yearned for and earned the hard way, not given to you by someone else. If they wanted democracy over there, they would have had their own Boston tea party, paid the cost in their own blood, and earned the reward and pride that results, for generations to talk about. Instead of pride, it is a mix of finger pointing over there, largely at the US.

On one hand I feel like we should mind our own business, however, for good or for bad, once a "global economy" is in place and functioning, then worldwide events do become our business so to speak. We own land in other countries, and foreigners own land here, stocks, investments, and corporations as well. I'm not at all for "protectionism" but I'm also sick and tired of "offshoring" as you mention with computer jobs, but also radiology and call centers, and the list grows.

I don't have many answers, but at my core, I am for privatization, smaller government, lower taxes, tighter borders, capitalism, free markets, strong defence, so maybe I do watch Fox news too much! LOL Take care Rough Rider...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote