View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 09:51 AM   #6
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Piemaker, you are missing the point everyone is trying to make to you. Many businesses cannot afford the increase in minimum wage to over $7 per hour. They will eliminate jobs then the people you are referring to will not have a job. Another point, they will have to increase the price for services/goods. Cost of living will increase. They will not be better off. If an employer is making enough profit they will increase their rate of pay to employees who deserve it. Employers should have the freedom to make this decision themselves, not the federal governmemt. I have tried to explain it as simple as I can for you.
I do understand what you are saying but do you understand that some employers even if they can afford to raise their employees pay won't. They are tight, they do not want to get off of it, they are satified to pay the least amount they can because it leaves more for them. you get talking about cost of living increases but the cost of living has been going up these last few years without a wage increase. Look at the price of gas the last 2 years that is not because of the wage increase.