View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
What the heck ??

Quote:
A bicycling doctor is suing a roller-skating child neighbor for pain and suffering, claiming the youngster caused a collision that left the doctor with a broken collar bone.
It happened on a Chester Township street in October 2003. Dr. Alexander Dlugi, a prominent endocrinologist, approached Lauren Ellis, then 11, from behind, shouted "watch out" and rang his bicycle bell. As the girl turned around on her in-line skates, the two collided, and the doctor tumbled from his bike.
He's riding his bicycle, comes up from BEHIND.. and shouts LOOK OUT and runs into an 11 year old and HE's SUING ?

Hopefully common sense will prevail.. the damn thing should have never gone to court !

Quote:
The witness, John Desch, concluded that the girl was trying to get out of the way and did nothing wrong. Dlugi could have avoided the collision by braking or riding around her, he said.
whole thing reminds me of a time, I was about 14, I'm walking down the street, some girl, maybe 8 or 9 is riding a bicycle and she's kind of riding around in circles, all of a sudden she wipes out, falls to the ground, gets up screaming, running home, the whole time saying I PUSHED HER DOWN ???
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote