View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
All good comments there Anime, and all so true.
what I find most disturbing, from the schools my children have been in, is the complete lack of homework. It seems in the public shools, they are all about "Teaching the Test" so as to improve on those national test scores. As opposed to letting a qualified teacher "TEACH" real lessons.

And also as you have said, a lot of this has to do with parent participation, be it in the actual school activities or being more involved in raising their children, so as not to be so disruptive in class. Back in the early 80's when I was in high school, we had those types of kids in class, but the rest of us knew them to be idiots and they were looked down upon. Nowadays I think these trouble makers are starting to outnumber the kids who are actually paying attention.

Personally I'm all for trying to improve out public schools.. but I just don't know what the answers are.. My kids have spent time in public and private catholic schools.. They always do MUCH better in the private schools.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote