View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 10:18 AM   #3
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by trkshot8
I'm not trying to start a race war by any means, but I have a question here that may be appropriate for the topic.

If I'm an 18 year old male driver, isn't my insurance higher than a 30 year old male driver?
If I'm an 18 year old male driver, isn't my insurance higher than an 18 year old female driver?

The point I am trying to make is that insurance companies have underwriters who assess exposure(risk) through statistics.
Why is it legal to assess risk by means of age and gender statistics but not racial statistics?

I am not saying one race drives worse or cost the insurance companies more money. I don't have the statistics to back that claim. But if that is the case, shouldn't a high degree of seperation in exposure along racial lines be reflected in the premium?
I heard not long ago they are accessing girls at 18 like boys at 18. I personally can't say how true that is but I see your point.

TO me boys will be boys (fast cars, show off, etc) they don't grow out of it that fast. Girls (show off) but not with racing cars. Insurance will be higher for boys.

Insurance is a scam no matter how you slice it. They just increase it for how much they want to make you pay and what can you do?
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote