View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 07:30 AM   #44
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
My first thought is our society’s (Merian Webster) definition of “literature”.

1archaic : literary culture2: the production of literary work especially as an occupation3 a (1): writings in prose or verse; especially : writings having excellence of form or expression and expressing ideas of permanent or universal interest (2): an example of such writings <what came out, though rarely literature, was always a roaring good story — People> b: the body of written works produced in a particular language, country, or age c: the body of writings on a particular subject <scientific literature> d: printed matter (as leaflets or circulars) <campaign literature>4: the aggregate of a usually specified type of musical compositions

I see no reference whatsoever to religion, spirit, or anything relating to such. Dr. Seuss is literature.
The word "Bible" refers to the canonical collections of sacred writings of Judaism and Christianity.

Are you trying to imply that this body of written works you refer to as The Bible isn't just another piece of literature?

If I look up the word Manger, is it going to reference your God?
How about the North Star?

You've done nothing more here than show that you can't help but to let emotion override your intellect.

Quote:

Wikipedia, LMAO. Did you actually reference Wikipedia in your attempt to prove that Mythology is a legitimate religion (on par with Christianity)? A true sign of the times I suppose.
No, I used wikipedia to show that you haven't even attempted research on your side of "the story".

It would the the equalivent of me arguing Religion without having first read the Bible.

Quote:
Mark, Luke, Daniel, John, Mathew, Paul, Jeremiah, Job, Peter, and dozens more. How many names do you want me to name???
Very good, now how many of them gave first-hand accounts? And while you're at it, explain why the Catholic Church decides which writing to include instead of including all of the "divinely inspired" works? Surely they have noting to hide?

Quote:
LOL, yeah a number that’s all. Let me ask you, would you rather work for $1 per year or $1,000,00 a year. After all, the difference is only a number of current dollars. It’s just a number. Numbers are irrelevant right? NOT! Numbers are very important.
Numbers are important in quantifiable measurements, Like a pay-check. They do not prove right or wrong. One upon a time every black man in the United States was a slave.....did the number make it right? Did the number of people who believed in a flat-Earth make it right?

As I stated, you are clearly and intentionally overlooking the obvious in jealously over your God. That's zealotry.
Quote:

Not true. Believe it or not, the Great Pyramid of Giza may be interpreted as a timeline and omen to the coming of Christ until recent times. The knowledge of the one God of Abraham and the coming of Christ dates back thousands of years as you describe. (5000 to 10000 years or more) Monotheism is one of the oldest forms of religion and has definitely without a doubt proven to be the most successful in overall history. What percentage of the billions on earth today believe in multiple gods? Jungle tribes maybe.
I see, so your contention, is that because of a single belief about the pyramid and in spite of the numerous works for art, literature, sculpture, etc. that the Egyptians were monotheistic?

As I stated, you are clearly and intentionally overlooking the obvious in jealously over your God. That's zealotry.

Quote:
Majority is irrelevant. I cannot top that. You are your own best spokesperson on this topic. Just listen to yourself and imagine the consequences of the majority being irrelevant. There is little more that I can say.
I will not be controlled by fear out of ignorance.

Quote:
Thank you for your honesty in this regard.

Yes, I am not only implying that, but banking on it as part of my faith. If you have never witnessed a miracle, then I invite you to read the bible and experience that possibility of a miracle beyond science to touch your life.
You're "banking" one it? I asked if YOU SPECIFICALLY have ever witnessed a miracle that could not be explained with a scientifically based cause and affect......now you're simply "banking" on one?

Quote:
If a virgin is artificially inseminated, is she still a virgin? Does the name of the donor change that fact?
Is an artificially inseminated woman "untouched"?

Quote:

BC, no, not at all. AD, no, not if they are ill informed. But for someone with every opportunity to know Christ, yet purposely denies himself of that opportunity, well yeah, you got me!
So then you're saying that approximately 2/3rd's of the Earth is wrong because they are not Christians, yet you have trouble swallowing the concept of 2+ billion Christians being wrong?

Quote:

Yeah me too. I am an engineer working in downtown Shreveport. My Bachelors degree in Science does not preclude me from being a religious person, much less a Christian.
No one said it should, however it should have enlightened you to the point that you can't tell truth from fiction.

Quote:
That may be true. Two lawyers on opposing sides of the same case might interpret the same evidence differently. So I’m not bothered in the least by this suggestion.
HELLO....they may interpret the evidence differently.

When are you going to produce something that would constitute Evidence? So far you have Faith, and book chock full of heresay.

Quote:
The Bible is precisely a series of first hand accounts, however as I mentioned before, it is our own first hard accounts that shape our lives and determine our faith. I do not believe in the Bible without first proving to my own satisfaction that the message is real.
I see, and what author witnessed the creation of the Earth and all of it's inhabitants again?

Quote:
Dude, you totally lost me. Please speak clear English if you really want a thoughtful response.
I believe my intentions were quite clear. Where is your verifiable and undeniable evidence? Where are Jesus's bones? You're god saves souls, not bodies.....there should be remains.

Quote:
Dude, I don’t even go to church each Sunday! But believing that Zeus is the God of God’s is just wack by almost anyone’s standards, even a moderate like me. Certainly you know this as you troll the boards.
[/quote]

The difference between Religion and Myth is the number of current believers. In a couple of thousand years, your decendents will laugh at your beliefs just as you laugh at the beliefs of your ancestors.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote