View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I hear a lot of knowledgable people on Radio and TV say that this "War on terror" is not a war on Islam but rather a war on "Islamic Fundamentalists" aka "Islamic Facists" which sounds very politically correct.

However my problem with buying that is that the word "Jihad" is not a Fundamentalist term, or a Fascist term. It is an Islamic term printed in their version of a religous book (the Koran)

The other thing that keeps me from buying into this is that I rarely see non-fundamentalist, non-facist muslims speaking out, and I mean really get pissed off at Osama bin laden or what happened on 9/11. At best they seem to say, "yeah it was bad, but no worse than we suffer all the time." like it is our fault or something rather than decrying or rejecting Jihad.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote