View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 06:51 AM   #11
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
I reread the original info. It says "study conducted re: affects of religion." As I am sure you are aware, BS, a true study is more than a survey - it involves tests over time and must follow a true research format. I give it more credit than the limited survey your describing.

Not everything that comes out on the positive side for religion is slanted. Good produces good in our kids!! That will be nice to know when you're in your 80's and you don't give your grandson money for a video game. Perhaps the good things you've planted will surface and you'll survive instead of spending five days on the floor just waiting for life to leave your body.

Again, we reap what we sow! Truth doesn't need a survey.
You're confusing the authors words with what actually took place. This wasn't a "study" that took place over years and years under the careful scrutiny of several sdcientists. The second paragraph clearly states John Bartkowski, a Mississippi State University sociologist and his colleagues asked the parents and teachers of more than 16,000 kids.....

No, this was 1 man and his colleges at 1 university asking questions of a very specific audience consisting of 90% christian....and that's assuming he actually attempted to get an accurate sample population.

Now no one is doubting the results of the survey or the implications. We all know spending quality time with your children is important regardless of the activities in which you partake.....that's not rocket science. I'm merely stating that if you survey a group of 90% christians your results will reflect christians beliefs 100% of the time. To imply anything else is sheer stupidity.

Do you understand what I'm saying? In China the majority of the good kids are not christian. In Egypt, the majority of the good kids are not christian. In India, the majority of the good kids are not christians because christanity isn't what makes those people good parents, but being good parents IS what makes their children well behaved.

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 04-25-2007 at 07:04 AM.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote