View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #15
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I thought the other song was God Bless America, land that I love. Now that is a great song. I think I will change my vote because I am registered and vote for the Star Spangle Banner too. I love some old bluegrass and country music but I am with LN on the canned country patriots I do get the goose bumps when I hear the Star Spangle Banner every time and that my friends is a real feeling.
Isaac
'God Bless America' was written by Irving Berlin around 1920, Woodie Guthrie wrote 'This Land is Your Land" in response. Guthrie considered that song unrealistic and was tired of hearing Kate Smith sing it on the radio, so he wrote a different song, originally called "God Blessed America for Me".

Now we know the 'rest of the story'
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote