View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 10:48 PM   #34
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
This time period is commonly refered to as the Dark Ages. The church provided all the answers and those who found themselves "asking questions" were often burned at the stake or just chased out of the country, if they were lucky, not unlike the very first Pilgrims...

This mentality is counterproductive to the learning process, period!!!

There are a variety of "better" books and approximately 4 billion people worldwide who agree. However, even you have to admit which one is "best" is a personal choice for each individual.

Yeah, and Kryptonite hurts Superman....the problem is both of those concepts are based on fantasy. Now I agree that one man CAN make a difference, but we disagree on the method. It takes "blood, sweat, and tears" to achieve goals, not prayer.

Re: Who knows? Millions do. God knows. He gave us his word in a book no less. One that you can hold in your hands and read (well hopefully). Millions have read this book. They all know. What you are really saying is "not me, I don't know" and that is why you are asking questions like this to strangers on an Internet forum. Which is fine. Manyhere have been patient in answering your questions.

What it shows is that he possess the intelligence and the courage to stand up say hey, reality doesn't mesh very well with what you're preaching.
Thanks for the support, he said what I left out, basically. Even those who disagree sometimes (brain and I) can agree on things we see because.. it has no religious taboo on it. We don't have to watch our Ps and Qs and tread on thin ice with religion because any person can express what they wish, whether or not somebody else agrees and rebuttals that idea is another story, this doesn't mean I hate anybody else or dislike that person as a whole, because they disagree with me. You guys (you know which ones you are) saw my age and discredited me before even reading what I had to say really, and even now you still do, but you should admire my ignorance and will to support myself and others by saying what needs to be said, even if it's unpopular.

Majority may rule, but minority wins.