View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
This article points out a few things which should be so glaringly obvious. The Republican party... USED to be about smaller government, fiscal responsibility. Don't go around trying to be the worlds' policeman. These were ideas that even George Bush was spouting back when he ran in 2000.

On a side note.. I've always been registered as an Independent.. always had pretty much thought ALL republicans AND democrats were full of **** !
And I will admit I had absolutely no interest in politics. Considered myself pretty ignorant on the whole process.. But in the last 10 years or so, I started to get interested. And when I started to hear the things that Republicans were SUPPOSED to be about.. smaller government, fiscal responsibility, not be the world's policeman, a strong defense. I said to myself.. yeah, that sounds good, that sounds about right.. However, that is not what this current administration is about.

Now we've got the Patriot Act, they're pushin' for a national ID card.. illegal wire taps, Spending money like it's absolutely going out of style.. which it is by the way.. got some of the countries over there sayin' they don't want to be paid in American dollars for OIL..

We simply can not afford what we're tryin' to do anymore. Somebody has to reel the government back down to size. This economy bubble.. it's got to burst at some point. and we can wait until it burst in our face.. or we can try to start working on these problems in a more controlled manner.

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate talking about these issues.. Every other candidate seems to me to be talking about more of the same ol' same ol'.

Somebody, someway has got to pay for the spending we've seen these last few years.. Where's it going to come from ?
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote