View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMattyChooChoo
The thing I would change is the application of taxes. I was born and raised in Texas (moved to S'Port 2 months ago), where there was no state income tax, and business taxes were low to entice business owners to start their own. It resulted in massive job creation.
Matty I had always heard that Texas had no state income tax, however the property taxes were higher to make up for that. Did you find this to be the case?

In any event, I do agree with you regarding business taxes and Louisiana not being as "business friendly" as it should be. If we are running a surplus, then why aren't our legislators cutting taxes? Duh, rather than trying to figure out how they are going to spend it all on government raises, economic development, etc. The best economic development tools is to be more competive on a national basis, starting with lower taxes!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote