View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
I'm not sure what the answers are to New Orleans.. personally I'm not in agreement with Joe on this one. I know that New Orleans has issues.. some BIG issues.. crime is very high.. But I'm not willing to pass the rest of the city off because of it. I've spent a whole lot of time in New Orleans. Have family there. There is much to do there for entertainment, and I still have a good time when I go there. And personally, I've never had a bad experience there, including the Jazz Fest, one year after Katrina.

But what are the answers ? to the high crime, the poverty etc etc etc.. I don't see it being any different than any other large inner city, with the same makeup of residence as New Orleans.. I suppose new orleans history and heritage is what has kept the likes of the French Quarter and other historical areas from totally decaying into nothingness.. despite what is going on around it.

I know New Orleans has its ugly side.. But I'll say it again. I've been down there countless times for concerts, parties, festivals, and to just visit. pre and post katrina, I've never had a bad experience down there, other than it's just down right hot in the summer time

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote