View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #29
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
Anyone that makes over 250k-300k/yr would be sitting comfortable. After 90k you don't pay social security, from there anyone making that much believe me gets a tax break on everything. Rich honestly has to make more than 500k/yr but sitting comfortable is 250-300k.

I know I pay 33% due to being a business owner sucks for sure but i am a small business owner i'm not microsoft who is very wealthy not just sitting comfortable.

What do you feel is rich and what do you think they pay? I know rich people get too many tax breaks that the middle class picks up.
I think you are very misinformed is what I think. I would prefer not to give up much on my lifestyle but there are not and I repeat not tax breaks on everything for what you feel are rich people. We fall into about a 40-45% tax bracket which means us at this level no longer even get to deduct our children. How is that fair? Another example would be medical expenses. You probably get to deduct all of yours. We do not get to deduct ANY unless they are 10% of our income. How is that fair? I could go on and on but I won't. We'd be here all night. I can reassure you though that there is "rich" and "superrich" and it's probably the super rich that may be hitting the real tax breaks.

I wonder how Neo feels about this?
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote