View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 05:28 PM   #29
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Without getting into everything in that last post.
You've accused me of a few things. Of being on the defensive, or assuming everything you do is an 'attack' which personally I find far from the truth.
Fair enough, you haven't "exactly" stated that, but I think your comment was pretty clear.

...and I quote: "It might have something to do with the insults you like to throw around.. calling people idiots, or Fat @$@ or constantly berating them for their religious beliefs. So over a history of time people get on the defensive. I'll go as far to say you might not start every discussion off that way, but for one reason or another it tends to drift that way."
Quote:
Yes I know we've gotten into a few heated discussions in the past.. But I'm not LOOKING for you to start something in every thread... far from it.. More than a few times. in private commnunications with a couple of people on these boards that I know personally.. I've come to your defense.. (and before you say it, yes I know, you need no defense from me :-) ) and saying that I don't necessarily believe you start every discussion looking for a fight.
I don't doubt your words, that would be the logical conclusion from objective observation. However, you have to admit it's a "pretty amazing coincidence" that when I set about trying to prove my point that I didn't really have any problems getting someone one to step up to the plate on their own.

BTW, on the Dear SBLive Members thread, TBelle did infact type "when every post you make is attacked by one person" in the second post on that topic.
Quote:
I've even seen a few people on this message board, come out and agree with you on different subjects.. But at the same time, you'll turn around and make some comment as to "what passes for intelligence around here" and yet you wonder why some of your comments may be taken the wrong way..
No I don't "wonder" about it at all. What I'm doing is utilizing your "testimony" in my defense. Notice my comment about TBelle above.

Quote:
Bottom line.. you asked why some of your comments are deemed one way or the other.. given the history thus far, it's going to take an effort on your part, to sway opinion. If that is your concern.
Not really my concern as your feelings are about as insignificant to me as mine are to you. My purpose was to illicit A response, not a particular response and show that it really didn't matter if I even asked a question, the attitude would be the same.
Quote:
and no I didn't say "Not to be yourself" what ever that may be.. But if you want to "try" and get along with people on this board.. you might start by not trying to insult everyone's intelligence so much. And try avoiding some of the topics that have been argued into the ground around here.
Yes well, then what exactly did you mean with the below statement if it WAS NOT that you choose to alter your personality on a message board?

I just choose not to do this so openly, on a message board, where many times my intent is not fully recognized with just words on a page.

As far as "the insults", make them look stupid, don't call them stupid....got it.
Quote:
And I do know, you are not the only one around here who is quick to throw out an insult.

Yes, I understand that as well, but as I indicated in my initial response in this post, those implications ARE being made none the less....
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote