View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #156
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I agree with rhertz. Calling anyone's God an "imaginery being" is very persumptuous and arrogant, Brain. However, you're entitled to your opinion so long as you don't try to feed it to us by force.
Not trying to force feed my beliefs on anyone.....that's what christians are ordered to do. However, the means of shutting me up are quite simple.....They say their god is real, I say show me. Can't do it....imagine my surprise.
Quote:
Let's try a similar analogy to this one. Let's say you were married to a woman that you sincerely find attractive. Let's say you go out with this woman and some guy walks up and comments that your wife is ugly. That may be his honest opinion even though your honest opinion differs. However, it was still very rude of him to say and you'd probably feel compelled to lay him out for making that comment.
No, the equivalent would be the guy saying my date doesn't exist. My reply would not be one of violence, it would be to SHOW HIM my date.....which is EXACTLY what I have asked for...a simple request for a visible savior or just one witnessed miracle that cannot be explained by science.

Quote:
It doesn't matter what the truth is because the truth is entirely personal. However attempting to imply that your personal truth is the ultimate truth is arrogant and some might consider it rude.
I readily admit to being quite arrogant and couldn't care less who finds that rude....I'm not here to make friends (I have a life), but rather to debate issues with people who don't share my opinions.

BTW, Science IS the truth. It never changes and there's nothing personal about it. Hot air will always rise, Gravity will always pull and neither are concerned with the fantasies of man.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote