View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #20
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Well, well, well....what can I say???????

Our family was at this game and let me just say:

1. Cost of Game Shirt: $169.00
2. Cost of Four Tickets to the game: $5500.00
3. Watching Ohio State fans walk silently out of the dome: PRICELESS!!!!!

These fans were all over New Orleans all weekend long, wearing their Red shirts, and screaming O-HI-O over and over. It was obnoxious. They did not seem to understand the LSU fans were not going to be showing up until Monday. THEY did UNDERSTAND come Monday morning though when the city began turning purple. They definitely understood once they walked inside the Dome. It was a sea of purple and LOUD with Cajuns.

Ohio State definitely tries to initimidate with their pregame activities but it was almost amusing to watch. The LSU fans were not intimidated.

Now, let me explain our seats were in the middle of the Ohio State section. There were a few LSU fans sprinkled around us which made for some comfort. Chris Carter, NFL Hall of Fame star, was seated next to me which was quite fun. I had no clue who he was while were just talking away during the game. Once he left his seat for a few minutes all the Ohio fans around me quickly began, "Do you know who is talking to you?". To me he was just a nice guy. To them, he was a rock star.

All in all the Ohio fans immediately around us were very nice. There was one absolutely rude and obnoxious fan seated next to my husband. He would turn (only while they were briefly ahead!) to him and scream in his ear, "Your team is going to F******* lose!" It was his favorite statement. He completely believed that LSU was cheating. Then he made the fatal mistake of grabbing our daughter and screamed at her "You are sitting in the wrong f******* section". Daddy Belle sprang to life, grabbed the man, and explained not so nicely to NOT EVER grab her again. The Ohio fans seated around also had to take their own fan in hand and tell him to cease or leave. The best thing was when he tucked his tail and left in the fourth quarter!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was so very sweet to watch the victory, trophy presentation, and thousands of LSU fans in the streets of New Orleans celebrating the victory. I hope you all enjoyed watching it as much as we enjoyed the game!!!!