View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #7
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Illegal aliens are pretty much the only poor people in this country that pay income taxes.

Most employed illegal aliens have taxes withheld from their paychecks (Feds estimate less than 25% are paid cash) and almost all are in the tax brackets that, were they legit, would qualify for EIC. Illegal aliens cannot receive EIC because it means their bogus SSN is exposed (the treasury doesn't care if it's a legit number when you pay, they check into it when they have to cut you a check, though).

I'll take a city with tons of illegal aliens over a city with most of Shreveport's residents. Ever see a welfare mom hanging out at Home Depot at 5AM looking for work? I have to pay $40 every damn week in the summer to keep my grass mowed, I could easily cut that number in half if my yardman was from Nicaragua instead of E. 68th Street.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote