View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
You make some good points joepole. I think Ms Belle and I are concerned for example, when a expecting mother in Mexico knowingly travels to the US to defraud our system for free healthcare and delivery of her newborn baby. A C-section can cost over $15k and someone has to foot the bill. Not only that, the newborn is automatically a US citizen and *entitled* to free food, healthcare, and education until he/she is 18 years old. There are proper ways to enter our country and become a US citizen for good reasons, and this isn't one of them. I'm pro-imigration, but I'm also "anti-breaking the law" which is always hard to justify in an orderly society. People flee Mexico in order to live here in a relatively orderly and legal society by comparison.
My point EXACTLY. Many of these people are not paying taxes either. I don't think the statistics are even close to correct. They do flood the emergency rooms constantly getting FREE medical care while legal Americans have to wait because they are there in the ER clogging the system up. They have found so many ways to abuse the system. They know if they have a baby on American soil then the baby is automatically American and thus the mother gets to stay here as well. It's a vicious circle that needs to be stopped.