View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 12:39 PM   #37
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz

I found it funny....

Their first sentence is a total contradiction in and of itself. They start off by establishing that the US is a world leader in science and technology. This is fact. Then they go on to express an opinion that contradicts that fact, and indeed insults "the leader" with no explanation of how their contradiction makes any sense.

I suppose their point being.. that the "U.S." as you point out is a world leader in science and technology.. HOWEVER, when you get down to Joe Blow on the street.. they state:
Quote:
Recent surveys have revealed that only about half of Americans realize that humans have never lived side by side with dinosaurs,
that was my take on it anyways.

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote