View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 11:03 PM   #32
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Al, where do you keep your gun in your vehicle, home, and work? This child was about 4 years old or younger and went into a room he was not allowed, when the grownups were not looking. The gun was thought to be unloaded, too. That was always my mother's rule before bringing a gun inside.
All of our guns are stored in a locked steel security cabinet. We dont have any young children in our home, but when the grandkids come over I always make sure there are no guns left lyin around...they all go into the locker. And your mom's rule is perfectly sound, though I should point out that in the event that the gun will be needed in an emergency, you'd damn sure better be able to access the ammunition and load it quickly. Accidents happen when somebody drops the ball and fails to ascertain whether a gun is loaded. It just goes with the territory. If you're gonna have guns, you'd better make a habit of checkin them before ya handle em. If there are young children around, you'd better start educating them early on about gun safety, and you'd better insure that the guns are stored in such a way that they cant be accessed by anyone that cant be trusted to safely handle em.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 05-03-2007 at 11:27 PM.