View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #40
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
Where exactly did you see my haircut? I have "typical white boy," not anything like a Moe. Maybe if I was Chinese.

Hahaha, I'll let your "coup de grace" stand on its own as an example of you schooling me. That thread was the EXACT one I was thinking of earlier. I can just imagine you sitting back in your chair and smiling "Man, I really took him apart with those irrefutable points and superior logic." You can't even understand when you've completely lost an argument even when you have to resort to such obvious BS as "the potential reward makes the small losses worth it." It's kind of like a Special Olympics contestant grinning over his "participation" medal. "I won! I won!"

There was a great "This American Life" a few months ago about a guy that used to buy annuity payouts from lottery winners before most lotteries offered lump sums. He said almost every single one of them he came across was so irresponsible with money that they were dead broke within a few years of winning. Kind of shoots a few holes in the "Lottery players are a financially savvy bunch" theory, doesn't it? Have you ever actually been in a convenience store on a Saturday or Wednesday night? Take a look at the folks standing in line for the Powerball machine and tell me they look like folks that know how to responsibly handle money. If you play the lottery for anything more than entertainment you are a fool, your off-topic and nonsensical arguments notwithstanding.
Ya know, if Moe Howard were alive today, the media and tabloid rags would likely shorten his name to some fast, easy moniker ala "J-Lo"...they'd dub him "Mo-Ho". So is it any coincidence that, not only are ya a dead ringer for him physically and you've cultivated that same trademark discontent, but ya chose "JoePole" as your screen name, which can be shortened to "Jo-Po"? Coincidence? I think not. Now some folks might say that ya "ripped off" Moe's style...some might say you're just playin the hand ya were dealt...but I say it's more of a homage or tribute to your idol. And thats just super. After all, he was arguably the smartest stooge.

Ya still dont get it. Your arrogance would be tragic if I had to live or work with ya, but since I dont it's just hilarious. There ya were, the guy that actually won one of those much-coveted SBLive I-Pods...yeah, you, the guy who's own mother cleaned up on a gamble, the guy who thinks the lottery is a tax on people with poor math skills. You're the guy who's smarter than the other 200,000,000 people in the country? I'm sure all those folks standin in line at the convenience store to play the lottery would be as awed by your brilliance as I am. Lemme ask ya somethin, Corky...where in the HELL did ya find someone willin to pro-create with ya, CBARC? Not that I feel all that sorry for your wife, but it just wasnt fair to your kids. Somebody should'a made sure ya didnt piss in the gene pool.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 11-01-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote