View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:51 AM   #6
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like someone is a big FOX NEWS fan ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
All I can say is that I don't think that we are privy to all the information that "intelligence" is privy to. So we must remember that we are "back seat drivers" when it comes to running the country.
Hello ? Backseat drivers ? they work for US remember ?
And you don't send this country into war because "I know a secret.. and you don't" If you want to send in some volunteer group to take out Sadam because you know a secret that's one thing.. But you don't convince the country with a slew of different reasons that don't appear to be true, spend 300+ BILLION DOLLARS, thousands of soldiers dead because SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE knows a secret ???

Quote:
I also have a hard time bridging the divide between Al Qaeda and Iraq. I don't always see the connection. But that doesn't mean there isn't one. Just not that we know ofanyway. Either Iraq is a big mistake or a brilliant manover to save our country and way of life. I think it is too early to tell, after all, the first Islamic nuke has yet to detonate. I'm not sure how I might feel after that fact.
LOL you ain't the only one who can't see connection! And because some Islamic Nuke might go off ? more than likely from SOMEWHERE else like I don't know.. IRAN maybe ? we should be in Iraq ????

Quote:
But at a very basic level, and I know this must sound pretty bad, but Isamic fundamentalists brought down two towers and they have payed the priced of lossing two Islamic fundamentalist countrys to democracy in return. (at least in theory - Afganistan and Iraq) Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, which is the only thing those evil b@stards understand over there. If they hit us again, then they should loose another facist country. They will get a clue quick enough after 4 or 5 countries before betting the farm..... KISS Keep It Simple Stupid... works for me.
O.k. so somebody took out our eye with a shot at the twin towers.. Yes, lets go into Afghanistan and take out those bastards, and lets gets BIN LADEN.. who is still out there. But then we went to take out Sadam, and gave up the other eye and arm and leg in the process.

This Blind Faith you speak of.. because "They must know what they are doing" just scares the crap out of me. At the beginning of this war.. even then I knew it was bad idea.. but plenty of Bush supporters would tell me 'oh they must know what they are doing" even those folks who I talk to now are starting to come around and ask the question WTF are we doing in IRAQ??

I will go back to lurking for now

Rough Riders!
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote