View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Illegal aliens are pretty much the only poor people in this country that pay income taxes.

Most employed illegal aliens have taxes withheld from their paychecks (Feds estimate less than 25% are paid cash) and almost all are in the tax brackets that, were they legit, would qualify for EIC. Illegal aliens cannot receive EIC because it means their bogus SSN is exposed (the treasury doesn't care if it's a legit number when you pay, they check into it when they have to cut you a check, though).

I'll take a city with tons of illegal aliens over a city with most of Shreveport's residents. Ever see a welfare mom hanging out at Home Depot at 5AM looking for work? I have to pay $40 every damn week in the summer to keep my grass mowed, I could easily cut that number in half if my yardman was from Nicaragua instead of E. 68th Street.
You make some good points joepole. I think Ms Belle and I are concerned for example, when a expecting mother in Mexico knowingly travels to the US to defraud our system for free healthcare and delivery of her newborn baby. A C-section can cost over $15k and someone has to foot the bill. Not only that, the newborn is automatically a US citizen and *entitled* to free food, healthcare, and education until he/she is 18 years old. There are proper ways to enter our country and become a US citizen for good reasons, and this isn't one of them. I'm pro-imigration, but I'm also "anti-breaking the law" which is always hard to justify in an orderly society. People flee Mexico in order to live here in a relatively orderly and legal society by comparison.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote