View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkspaceman
The largest growing church in Bossier City, First Baptist, was originally "Ardis Memorial" as the Col Ardis donated the original church structure. This was circa turn of last century...and the church building stood for several years after the new sanctuary was built and renamed FBC, but was torn down in the mid-1900's to make way for a new building. I have a couple of variations (grainy original and reworked color) of the church building, but have yet to find a photo of the man.
Wow thanks for the reply monkspaceman. I did not know that. My Dad's middle name is Ardis and my grandmother is from Mt Lebanon and her maiden name is Ardis. My great grandfather Lofton Ardis was C.H. Ardis' nephew. I am still researching and I hope to find his picture soon. If you ever scan any pictures of the old church building, I'd be interested in a jpg. Or better yet, please join our Historic Photos group and post them for all to enjoy. Thanks again for the reply.
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote