View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 06:55 PM   #12
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
KansasT wrote:
Quote:
Godwin's law states :as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving nazis or Hitler approaches one
Yes, I'm well aware of this "law", and I'd be the first to agree that in most cases it is applicable. However, in cases such as this one, where one of the parties has demonstrated a clear intent to elicit a gut-level visceral response using emotionally charged subject matter (trolling), especially subject matter involving Israel, Israelis, or Jews, such comparisons to Nazis and/or Hitler are not only appropriate, they are warranted. Here, let me break down what I just said into bite-sized chunks for everyone...if the jackboot fits, wear it!

Cichlid Man wrote:
Quote:
Having an open mind is good, calling names is not productive
Well, I'll tell ya Cich, my mind stays open all the way up to the point where somebody starts in with the "Zionism" crap..it stays open until somebody starts insinuating that the Jews are hellbent on world domination..then my mind slams shut like a steel trap. These people have endured far too much scapegoating and suffering at the hands of small-minded malcontents on a centuries long witchhunt.

Isaac-Saxxon wrote:
Quote:
Hey Al, are you a Jew? Yea I know you said you are a Christian but you could still be a Jew
I'm about as far from being Jewish as YOU can get, Isaac. But when the little Eichmanns of the world start spouting inflammatory nonsense, I immediately swap out my Christian Cross for the Star of David. I instantly convert to Judaism, at which point I become more Jewish than the most Jewed-up Jew who ever practiced Judaism in Judea.

Look people, I didn't enjoy this any more than any of you did, but I feel we all have a personal responsibility, no make that an obligation, to call guys like Isaac here out on the carpet when-ever and where-ever they erupt. Ok, I've said all I'm going to say on this subject. Isaac, no hard feelings..have a good weekend.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 09-27-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote