View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 09:39 PM   #18
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 210 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Great research rhertz . Never everwouldaknown. Technically, when I said I lived at the bottom of Thrill Hill - it was more like past the base on the top of the little next hill (picture a diminishing sine wave for all you in the year 2525 trying to understand this at a time with no Thrill Hill- after the land is smoothed from the paradoxical global warming glaciers and inevitable zombie invasion... as if you'd care anyway)... so our front yard caught a share of speeding cars not quite in control. But still, that's only a few houses extra away from where you lived - LOL. Wondering if I ever met you now.

A little google-juice led to more info. On T.B. Lanford.. . So patched together from a variety of links and SEC filings:

Another media thing he was involved with was KPLC, and was part owner of Red River Valley Broadcasting (1936-?.) and also caught the TV bug owned KALB via Lanford Telecasting Company (purchased by Park Broadcasting of Louisiana from his estate)

Found he was into oil. Naturally. DBA LANFORD & BACKUS. And Lanford Drilling.

Some info on DowntownShreveport.Com (which I can only access via the google cached page at the moment, so will paste part of it here below)

The former buildings of the Rubenstein Department Store are two distinct structures, one located at 513-515 Milam, the other, next door, at 517-519 Milam Street, opposite the beautiful Caddo Parish Court House.

The building at 513-515, now known as the Lanford Building, after former owner T. B. Lanford was built in 1907 by Joseph Dambley, a Shreveport photographer. The lower level served as Dambley's studios, the upper floors were leased out….

Also saw some tangential info that implied he owned “Tackle Industries” of Shreveport? some of those lures collected and traded today. Not the best pic to post compared with all of the nice vintage lures -but this has the text...

Either way - never knew we had a recognized lure industry. No surprise, just interesting.

These guys were into everything.

And ya'll crack me up Good forum.

Last edited by j.nc; 10-11-2007 at 10:03 PM.
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote