View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 04:43 AM   #52
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
As I've read Santa's posts, I've been mindful of the fact that he's only 17, and his thoughts and opinions are likely to change many times, about a great many topics, as the years go by. Just like LateNight, I too thought I knew it all at that age and I agree with him 100% that we're lucky to be alive. However, I dont recall Santa ever claimin to "know it all"...in fact, if I'm not mistaken, he even said that one of the reasons he signed up here at SBLive was to learn. What I found more disturbing than his prior drug use or his current religious beliefs was his admission that he isn't on the best of terms with his parents, but thats not all that surprising either, considering his age. We all have to learn life's lessons for ourselves...no amount of good, well-intentioned advice can ever take the place of personal experience...we have to make our own mistakes, sometimes even making the same ones over and over if thats what it takes. I was certainly no different. I guess what I'm getting at here is that maybe we should just try to advise him when he asks for it, without slapping him upside his head with the condescending attitude. He knows he's just a kid, he doesn't need to have it thrown in his face every time he expresses himself here on the board. I think that when you tell these kids that they've got a good head on their shoulders, they strive to live up to it.

Just a thought for ya to chew on though Santa...your folks know you're growing up. Try not to give them too much to worry about. Ya might even tell them ya love em...especially your dad.
Al once again you have said it well I do not think my parents thought I would make it to be 20 and now I have daughters and we talk about every think that could cause them pain in life early and often. I hope this boy can see why most everyone on this board thinks he is taking way to many large risk in his young life because we have been there. I believe God carried me through those years it is the only way I could have made it. Drugs were not the problem at 17 for my group as they are today. I have seen first hand what happens when a parent just lets go of the rope :noon: Well Santabot I do hope you find the THREAD of TRUTH in life and do not stay on the road you are on it will kill you and hurt your family more than you can know at this time and when you do know it just might be to late. Good post Al
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote