View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 04:26 AM   #51
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
As I've read Santa's posts, I've been mindful of the fact that he's only 17, and his thoughts and opinions are likely to change many times, about a great many topics, as the years go by. Just like LateNight, I too thought I knew it all at that age and I agree with him 100% that we're lucky to be alive. However, I dont recall Santa ever claimin to "know it all"...in fact, if I'm not mistaken, he even said that one of the reasons he signed up here at SBLive was to learn. What I found more disturbin than his prior drug use or his current religious beliefs was his admission that he isnt on the best of terms with his parents, but thats not all that surprisin either, considerin his age. We all have to learn life's lessons for ourselves...no amount of good, well-intentioned advice can ever take the place of personal experience...we have to make our own mistakes, sometimes even makin the same ones over and over if thats what it takes. I was certainly no different. I guess what I'm gettin at here is that maybe we should just try to advise him when he asks for it, without slappin him upside his head with the condescendin attitude. He knows he's just a kid, he doesnt need to have it thrown in his face every time he expresses himself here on the board. I think that when we tell these kids that they've got a good head on their shoulders, they'll strive to live up to it.

Just a thought for ya to chew on though, Santa...your folks know you're growin up. Try not to give them too much to worry about. Ya might even tell them ya love em...especially your dad.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 04-26-2007 at 04:41 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote