View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 09:16 PM   #8
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
rhertz,
glad to see you are asking yourself some of the 'right' questions. and more of that needs to happen these days... by everyone.

And you are correct, only history knows how this will all turn out.
But I think Bush senior had it right.. he formed a coalition, from many countries.. all agreed, get Iraq and Sadam out of Kuwait. And Bush senior knew there was no way we could GO INTO IRAQ, and ever get out with a good ending. We maintained the support of many nations during that time.
But we lost much of that support when we decided to go into Iraq, and it split this country up as well. WE ALL AGREED to go into Afghanistan. And the country and most of the world was united in this effort to rid the world of the Taliban and Bin Laden. But when we told a hand full of "lies" as to why we needed to go into Iraq, and how their OIL was going to pay for it all.. is what made us lose support across the globe and split this country in half.

Yes I'll be the first to admit we needed to get rid of Sadam, and he was a bastard and a half.. but this plan of going into Iraq and forcing Democracy at the point of gun, just ain't gonna work.. The second we leave that place, those people are gonna fight it out amongst themselves and someone will take control.

Why did we take troops out of Afghanistan and send them to Iraq when Bin Laden was still hiding out somewhere in Afghanistan ?? we need to catch that crazy bastard.

You mentioned how the government would want to "rally public support" yea sure they do, and they do a good job of it.. everytime they speak you hear "9-11, Terrorism, and Iraq" all blended together, like Iraq was behind the 9-11 attack when we know it was Bin Laden and his followers. And to keep us all afraid they throw up there little Color chart to indicate the level of "threat". We've heard dozens of reasons why we had to go into Iraq, and none of them stick. I believe the most recent is because Bush says God told him to or some deal ? his mission to spread Democracy. And yes sure, that's a noble effort, But those people JUST DON'T Want us there. Don't want us sticking our nose into their business.. They will continue to blow themselves up, in an effort to get us out of there. While our young troops are left over there to play freakin' POLICE!! our troops weren't trained to play police!!!

Meanwhile it's costing us a "BLOODY" fortune to fight this war in iraq, and I think we're fixing to send money to rebuild all that **** Israel just blew up.. and I'm not gonna argue whether or not Israel was justified in what they did.. my argument is spending all this money over there, when we got folks right here in the Gulf still trying to make a go of it and who really need help. And no I'm not an Isolationist.

and @#@# while I'm at it.. why do we allow US companies to out source all these damn jobs to India and the like ? Computer jobs at that!?

o.k. I'm done
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote