View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
so here's the deal

Quote:
The Fullers allege that a security guard targeted them when they walked into the shopping center, telling Demarcus to straighten his hat and Patrick to pull up his pants.
So here's the deal.. Now if someone got into trouble for wearing his hat the wrong way or what ever, that IS a bit much.. BUT if he was walking around with his pants fixing to fall off, like I see too much of, then sure run them off.

I appreciate what they are trying to do over there at the Boardwalk, creating a safe place for families to shop and dine etc.. And if their Code of Conduct says "NO SAGGING" that's exactly what it means. And I don't care what your color is.

Code of Conduct:
Quote:
  1. Appropriate attire at all times. Shirt and shoes are required - No exposed underwear, hats worn backwards, dew rags, baggy pants below waist, brimless hats, bandanas, or gang colors
  2. Gang related dress and activities are prohibited.
  3. No disorderly, disruptive conduct or behavior that endangers others -- skateboarding, roller blades, bicycles, radios, cat calls, profanity, etc.
  4. Any federal, state, or local criminally recognized act is prohibited.
  5. No picketing, distributing handbills, soliciting, or petitioning without
  6. No pets allowed.
  7. Use trash receptacles.
  8. No loitering, blocking storefronts/escalators, or walking groups
  9. School truancy policy enforced.
  10. No alcoholic beverages may be consumed beyond the restaurant's
  11. Smoking prohibited in the parking structure. (Ord. #21 of 2005 City of Bossier City)
  12. No firearms or other weapons are allowed, regardless of whether bearer
  13. This list is not all inclusive and may be modified at any time by the management.
which i agree with for the most part.. but "Brimless hats" what is that about ? and what's wrong with bandanas .. but I do recognize the problem with "Gang Colors" and the trouble that could cause, and I guess that's where the poblem with bandanas come in..

but these signs are posted throughout the Boardwalk area.. if it's what they want, I suppose they have the right to refuse service to whoever if they go against it.. just like a restaraunt that might requre suit and tie ?

Last edited by Rough Rider; 09-14-2006 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Edited to include complete Code of Conduct
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote