View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
For BS - some of my favorite quotes - PLEASE know they are just for fun, not any serious statements being made here:

"To imagine is everything - to know is nothing at all!" - anonymous

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." - John Lennon

It's just fun to play around with the all of the possibilities you suggested for Nessie (many creatures or just one elusive monster). According to Wikipedia, the lake is huge, extremely deep (the Tower of London could be submerged into its deepest spot), and is very murky due to the peat that grows in it. It's also very cold. It is interconnected with other waterways & lochs.

Therefore, divers have a hard time exploring the loch. It's an unchartered and mysterious - like the Black Forest in Germany for the Grimm Brothers - the birthplace of fairytales and legends. Native American stories are much the same. We are drawn to the inexplicable!

The video is extemely clear compared to those in the past! I'm not sure that I believe there is a creature there, but the possibility that there could be does exist! I hope the mystery is never solved and we are always left to make up our own stories!