View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
[SBL Administrators have moved this thread from the MLK thread to be more on topic.]
Quote:
The tapes are locked away in the FBI vault right next to the proof of the faked moon landing and the secret whereabouts of the living Elvis Presley
I think its a safe bet that Elvis has indeed gone the way of all flesh, but what makes you so certain, Matt, that the moon landings were not faked? See folks, this tactic is typical of debunkers...just throw one preposterous myth in with the feasible questions and presto...you've now successfully wielded the so-called "giggle factor". Its used with great regularity in regards to the UFO/ET question...for example, lets say we have a credible witness, perhaps a veteran Air Force pilot, who reports a UFO...well, he MUST be discredited, so why not mention Elvis sightings, or perhaps the 'Bat Boy" of National Enquirer fame, in the same article? The tactic is highly effective on the weak-minded sheople.

Ya know Matt, when I was a kid, late 60s/early 70s, my parents bought us a set of Realistic (Radio Shack) brand walkie-talkies. Brand new in the box, and they never worked worth a damn. Took em back and swapped em for a new pair several times...they never did work, but hey, we managed to travel 250,000 miles and land on the moon? I have my doubts.

Last edited by sbl_admin; 02-01-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote