View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #18
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
A violation of Separation between Church and State, eh? I think posting the 10 Commandments is about as illegal as saying the Pledge of Allegiance. Although my position isn't to favor Christians any more than any other faith, I think displaying such a thing in public shouldn't be illegal.

This happened not too long ago in Dallas. It was Christmas time. The Dallas Airport had a big lit up Cross in one of the terminals. An Atheist man walked by and considered himself offended by it. He went whining to the courts and had the airport to take it down. This man wasn't even from Dallas! He just there to board a connecting flight! This issue had nothing to do with separation between church and state, but it still happened.

Anywho, I really don't know if the Judge should've posted the Commandments or just leave his religion private. However, I think taking his career away is quite excessive.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote