Thread: Your Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 12:33 AM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
well, I suppose you bring up some valid points.. But I'm pretty sure, as far as parents go, there aren't too many things harder to get over, than the death of a child.

Everyone will grieve differently. I'm not sure how old all these kids are. I suppose it's possible some of them, if young enough, may get to a point they don't remember their dead sibling. But as far as the parents go.. the death of a young child.. often times, the marriage won't even survive such a trauma. Probably because the two parents are grieving differently.

My older brother passed away a couple of years ago.. you say they've had two years to "get over it" well for me, two years ago seems like yesterday, and it seems like a lifetime ago..

But as you say.. "for the children" they need to try and move on.. either they will or they won't, either way, the whole experience will shape them all for years to come.

But I don't believe your answer of "slapping the stupid out of them" would make much difference.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote