View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Yeah, I noticed it too...but he did make some valid points, as you said. Those kinds of typos don't bother me nearly as much as when someone just blatantly butchers the english language by saying something like "irregardless".

As to the topic of this thread, the United States must stop trying to make democracies out of these countries that are ruled by brutal regimes, communists, whatever. Reform should come from WITHIN these countries. If reform has not occured, its because the people in that nation have not reached the stage where they're ready for it. I've always been astounded at the ability of just one man or a small group of people to enslave and terrorize their own countrymen. Such things can never happen without the blessing of that nation's military, and any military's real power stems from the enlisted and junior officer ranks, which are composed of the average citizens. When the people have had enough, a coup takes place, sometimes with great loss of life, sometimes without a shot fired. And THAT is what will eventually happen in these countries. They have to want it for themselves, badly enough to risk bloodshed, badly enough to make that investment of blood equity. OUR fathers, the fathers of this great nation, understood this. Nobody ever respects anything thats been GIVEN to them, anything that they have not EARNED with their own "blood sweat and tears". We simply can no longer police the globe. Its just not worth the life of even one more of our precious sons or daughters.

In the words of Sam Kinnison "Its not our dance"!
My sentiments, too! We have no business in Iraq, unless their planes came and bombed us. We know who did 9/11 and that is where we should be concentrating all our efforts. Obviously, Bin Laden is not in Iraq.