View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 03:27 PM   #13
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
An inner city is the central area of a major city. In the United States and United Kingdom, the term is often applied to the poorer parts of the city center and is sometimes used as a euphemism with the connotation of being an area, perhaps a ghetto, where people are less educated and wealthy and where there is more crime. These connotations are less common in other Western countries, where deprived areas may be located in outlying parts of cities. For instance, in Paris, Vienna or Amsterdam, the inner city is the richest part of the metropolis, where housing is the most expensive, and where elites and high-income individuals dwell.

I'm referring to those "inner cities" in some parts of the country.. that are literally crumbling, crime is rampant and the rule of the day. I'm just saying that I think New Orleans would have long been given up on, except for it's rich history. And Bourbon street is still a great place to go, and hear some great music.

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote